Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Viva Nashvegas.

Bonjour Ladies and Gents,

In my last blog, or should I say first blog... I made a boo boo.

I said we were in Houston, but we were in Dallas.

MY baaaaad.

So moving on... We arrived in Nashville last night around 7:30pm. We were suppose to get here earlier, but our bus had a boo boo and we had to give eulogy to a tire. I, however, was asleep through all of this, so I missed the excitement... but I heard it was a heck of a time at the truck stop.
After we got into town, a bunch of us went to dinner at this great restaurant "Zola", which was recommended by the lovely and talented Jen Kuhn (one of our fellow contributors). Dinner was great, and drinks downtown were even better. We ended our night playing darts and closing down a bar, the hoping in a cab back to the bus.


Changing subjects...this picture is my favorite. this one, to my left. I have to agree with Laura that touring with girls is essential. So many feminine qualities are forgotten when the ratio exceeds 5:1.... So this tour I have to say is one of the best times I've ever had. Everyone on this tour is a good soul.




I've finally figured out how to pack for tour. So I have some travel tips for anyone who is going to be gone for a long stretch of time:

1. ALWAYS carry more underwear than you think you'll need. Chances are... you'll need it. (god knows when a good laundromat will come along)
2. When you pack, try to leave extra room. Seems we have all the time in the world to fold at the start, but it gets harder to keep organized as the trip goes on. also... for the obvious answer... you might go shopping.
3. Pack a good, and very mobile toiletry kit. It really helps when you're moving from city to city.
4. Bring a few key outfits and build around those. As you can see in the photo to my left, dresses are in abundance on this tour. They're small, easy to pack, and
easy to build around.
5. Bring pictures from home, and annoy people with blown up cat faces on your computer screen. Oh yes, I've got a giant picture of my kitty as my desktop screen.

I had a few more, but I feel like 5 is enough.
Ok, its back to bed for me :) I'm excited for the show tonight in Nashville. I'm also excited to take my mid morning nap in the hotel room.... yay for beds!

-Alexa

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

You ladies are awesome! And to Alexa, I'm one of the girls that flew to Tempa, AZ from Washington state to see the show!! I decided Alex is my new favorite.

Anyways, thanks for blogging... they are quite entertaining to read. And I'm going to go to Joshua's show in Seattle on the 17th of August, can't wait to see Laura and Jen, too bad Alexa won't be there, am I right? Thanks for everything, ladies! Have a fun tour :)

Stephanie said...

Correction on my typos: Tempe. Alexa.

Michelle Lai said...

your blog is a fun read :)

i really enjoyed the concert sunday night. and my little sister adores the "grey skies seem right" shirt.
http://bp0.blogger.com/_G8LQAVMwYtI/SIbly2BREEI/AAAAAAAAAAM/FclNrFf8DO8/s1600-h/Tu+Duyen+Rocker+006.jpg
she says she wants to make it into a dress to wear on the first day of second grade. xD

best of luck on the rest of your tour dates :)

Corbyjane said...

Alexa: your blogs are the best. :-)

Stephanie said...

Sorry for another comment. But I just finished editing photos from the Tempe show. They are posted in this blog:

http://stephaniesjustwhatever.blogspot.com/2008/07/live-music-plans-for-summer-of-2008.html

There are some good one's of Alexa and Vanessa. And one decent one of Josh. If you get a chance, look at them :)

alexa wilkinson said...

THANKS FOR TAKING THOSE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!!!!!!