Saturday, July 19, 2008

Alexa has a new hat...

Hey ya'll. yes I said "ya'll". We have been in Texas for three days now and I'm starting to feel like I belong. We rolled into Austin two nights ago around 11pm and immediately after docking at our Courtyard Marriot day room, we went out to a dueling piano bar on 6th St. I probably had a little more "fun" than I should have, but that's how us Phi Breta Radin's roll baby. Around 3am we rounded up the gang to try to get into the pool to go swimming, but sadly security guards came shortly after. Even Jansen and all her glorious people skills couldn't get the hotel manager to say yes to our desire of a nice romp in some chlorine. 

The show at the Parish was a good one, for me at least. I bought a new hat yesterday before the show. To be honest... I've bought MANY hats over the years, but no hat has ever wanted me so bad as this one did, and continues to... want... me. Ohhh yea. It was like love at "first glance of shelf area." This chick even got some on stage shout outs about the hat. Oh yes, it's that F**king cool.

So after the show, I had to go back to the dueling piano bar to retrieve my ID and credit card, had a few drinks then went back to the bus to go sleepy sleeps. Woke up around 2pm and now here I am, in Houston, writing you the first blog of the Phi Breta Radin tour blog. Jen and Laura will probably write one after soundcheck.

So many good pictures and video's to come, so stop by often chickadees. Much love for all the intrigued souls reading this. Stay cool! Drink a sugar free Marg!

-remember, hugs are like Hanky Panky's... one size fits all.

-ALEXA

www.alexawilkinson.com
myspace.com/alexawilkinson

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I saw you last night at The Parish. You had such an amazing set. I never heard of you before then and bought the cd right after you finished. My friend Robby and I were going to tell you hi and that we were so impressed with your perfect voice but I never saw you around. It's funny that you were wearing a top hat. I had almost wore mine to the show but decided to just leave it. Now I wish I would have. Anyways keep up the amazing work and style.

Love,
Taylor

alexa wilkinson said...

thanks taylor!!! you def should have worn the top hat. Join the happy hatters club :)

You're sweet, and you left the first comments! The girls and I thank you.

-alexa

Unknown said...

This makes me absolutely SICK!!! Let me on that damn bus! I promise to wear my "mama pajamas" again & vacuum the entire bus every night & everything. Just GET ME ON THE BUSSSSSS!!!

Love,

Lopez

Mike Finkel said...

The hat was amazing, as are you. Great show in Dallas (not Houston until tonigt...)